Life Insurance for Type 1 Diabetics
Sorry, as of 2014, this carrier is no longer offering the product. For now and in the foreseeable future, Type 1 Diabetics, if under the age of 50, will have to consider a Fully Underwritten life insurance plan. There is no cost to you for this non-invasive plan. Contact me today for more information. My number is 512-963-5000 or use my quote form request.
Obtaining life insurance for Type 1 diabetics can be a challenge. I do have a couple of options for a Whole Life (Permanent) and Term Life Insurance.
Simplified Issue No Medical Exam Whole Life Insurance:
Issue ages 18-80
Policy amounts $3,000 – $30,000
Full face amount in force once approved
Here are the questions that are asked on the application. You must not have any of the medical conditions/situations that are listed.
Within last 2 years have you had or been diagnosed with:
1. Uncontrolled high blood pressure or uncontrolled diabetes, diabetic coma, insulin shock, or
diabetes at age 9 or younger, diabetes associated with retinopathy (eyes), nephropathy (kidneys), neuropathy
(pain or numbness in your extremities); or amputation?
Have you ever:
2. Been diagnosed with congestive heart failure (CHF), cardiomyopathy, cystic fibrosis, Alzheimer’s, senile dementia,
dementia, two or more instances of internal cancer(s), terminal illness, muscular dystrophy, Huntington’s Disease,
multiple sclerosis, or had an organ transplant, kidney dialysis, Hepatitis C, or heart defibrillator implant, amyotrophic
lateral sclerosis (ALS) or Lou Gehrig’s disease, autism, mental retardation, or Downs’s syndrome?
3. Been diagnosed or received treatment for AIDS, AIDS Related Complex or tested positive for HIV virus,
or any other disorder of the immune system?
Are you currently or within the last year:
4. Unable to care for yourself; using oxygen, bedridden at home, confined to a hospital, nursing home, hospice,
long-term care or assisted living facility. Definition of assisted living: requires help in at least one area of skills
considered necessary for living and caring for oneself (feeding, dressing or bathing)?
5. Had undiagnosed chest pain, fainting, paralysis, coughed up or vomited blood?
To the best of your knowledge and belief, within the last 2 years have you 1) had, 2) been diagnosed for, 3) had or
have any new symptoms for, or 4) awaiting surgery, medical tests or test results for:
1. Heart attack, irregular heartbeat, aneurysm, stroke, mini-stroke, TIA (transient ischemic attack), angioplasty
or bypass surgery, heart valve surgery, cerebrovascular insufficiency or blockage; peripheral vascular disease,
peripheral artery disease, cardiovascular disorder, rheumatic or congenital heart disease?
2. Internal cancer, melanoma, leukemia, COPD or chronic bronchitis, sickle cell anemia, kidney insufficiency or
disease (excluding passed kidney stones), liver disease including cirrhosis; chronic pancreatitis,
Hodgkin’s disease, lymphoma, chronic lung disease including emphysema?
3. Paralysis, Parkinson’s, epilepsy or seizure disorder, lupus or connective tissue disorder, organic brain disorder ,
brain mass or fibromyalgia?
4. Schizophrenia, psychosis or suicidal thoughts, including hospitalization for major depression?
5. Alcoholism, drug abuse, narcotic addiction, been convicted of felony, jailed, imprisoned or on parole?
6. Are you currently using a wheelchair or walker on a permanent basis?
7. Have you had an application for life insurance declined or refused for any reason?
If you can truthfly answer no to all of the above questions, we can apply for this plan. The carrier will still pull your MIB report and request some medical records. If you get a Yes answer, the other option, depending on your age, would be a Guaranteed issue life insurance plan. Click HERE for more information
Term Life Insurance for Type 1 Diabetics
I have one carrier that will offer a fully underwritten Term Life Insurance plan. This will require a , no cost to you, medical exam. They will also scrutinize the same general information as listed in the Whole Life plan above. If you are a Tobacco user, they will not consider your application.
Contact me today for a free no hassle, no obligation quote. My number is 512-963-5000 or fill out my contact form.